Looking to join a great team?
Our employees are considered to be among our most valuable resources. We regard our employees as some of our most treasured friends and partners in our mission to offer God’s hospitality to the world and serve the poor, always going, “one pace beyond.” We hope that you will consider joining the Sisters of the Presentation as you explore your next adventure.
We have more than 60 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, housekeeping, maintenance, food service, administration and much more.
We offer full-time and part-time positions throughout the year and are currently welcoming applicants for the following positions:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Caregiver/Nurse Aide (Non-certified)
Position(s) Available: Part-Time – schedule is flexible and hours are between 6 am – 2 pm (48 hours/biweekly)
- Promote well-being through meaningful relationship building while providing support, friendship and kindness to each of the community members.
- Provide maintenance and restorative care services in an appropriate, competent, compassionate manner to assist and empower sisters.
- In order to assist sisters with daily living, health and wellness, this position requires a positive, caring, relational disposition; an interest in the well-being of others; the ability to organize work, establish priorities and perform tasks accurately, neatly and thoroughly while managing time effectively.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of sisters in caregiving responsibilities.
The CNA must have a valid CNA certification and be active on the Iowa CNA registry (or willing to register).
The Caregiver/Nurse Aide is a non-certified position. Some experience working with the geriatric population strongly preferred.
High school diploma or GED required.
Position(s) Available: Part-time
The Dietary Aide/Dishwasher is responsible for the service of the food, service to the sisters and assisting the cook with related functions in the kitchen. Responsible for daily cleaning assignments and other associated tasks related to the upkeep and maintenance of the kitchen and other areas.
- Maintain sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work areas and equipment, according to daily cleaning schedules. This may include mopping, sweeping, clearing and washing tables.
- Prepare and carry trays to sisters.
- May assist cook with assembling/preparing cheese trays, etc.
- Serve sisters in the dining room.
- Prepare Nagle Center (skilled nursing floor/infirmary) food carts.
- Due to COVID-19, there may be special protocols in place for the protection of the sisters.
- 10-15 hours bi-weekly; weekdays between 3:30 pm–7:00 pm with ability to adapt to a flexible schedule; rotating weekends 7:30 am-2:00 pm.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and withstand heavy physical exertion (bending, stooping, and climbing).
- Understand and follow directions, either written or oral.
- Display initiative and good judgment.
Position(s) Available: PRN (all shifts)
As a nurse, you will provide clinical and/or leadership skills in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care delivered to each sister. Supervise 1-2 CNAs/Caregivers. Current State of Iowa nursing license or be willing to obtain licensure, and be in good standing.
JOIN OUR TEAM
- Paid 30-minute meal period and two 15-minute breaks.
- Competitive wages.
- Full-time/part-time positions offer paid holidays and vacation time; health, dental, and vision insurances; Simple IRA with employer match; and voluntary benefits.
- Schedule is every other weekend/every other holiday.
- Excellent staffing ratio in a non-regulated home environment providing care for women religious.
Human Resources Office
Sisters of the Presentation
2360 Carter Road
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
The Sisters of the Presentation is an equal opportunity employer.