Looking to join a great team?
Our employees are considered to be among our most valuable resources. We regard our employees as some of our most treasured friends and partners in our mission to offer God’s hospitality to the world and serve the poor, always going, “one pace beyond.” We hope that you will consider joining the Sisters of the Presentation as you explore your next adventure.
We have more than 60 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, housekeeping, maintenance, food service, administration and much more.
We offer full-time and part-time positions throughout the year and are currently welcoming applicants for the following positions:
Position(s) Available: Full-time (shifts include 5:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
Come join our dining services team where you will be responsible for planning, preparing and serving large quantities of high quality food to women religious in a non-regulated home environment. At the Sisters of the Presentation, our employees experience a nurturing work environment committed to the values of service and hospitality. This is a full-time position (75 hours bi-weekly) that does include rotating weekends and holidays. Enjoy one 30-minute paid lunch period, which is provided per 8-hour shift, in addition to 2-15 minute rest periods.
- Plans, organizes, prepares and serves high quality food products.
- Supervises food service staff in the absence of the food service director.
- Practices proper handling, labeling, dating and rotation of food to insure consistent quality and to avoid spoilage and contamination.
- Follows proper food handling procedures (hand washing, wearing gloves, etc.).
- Checks in supplies when delivered and puts away; rotates inventory as necessary.
- Follows food composting and recycling rules.
- Maintains sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work areas and equipment, according to daily cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Displays proper use and care of all equipment, reporting equipment breakdowns and defective equipment, and using equipment with safety in mind.
- Exhibits flexibility when workload varies according to seasons, holiday and community events.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three to five years of formal cooking experience; institutional cooking experience helpful; supervisory experience is helpful.
- Ability to understand basic dietetics.
- Previous knowledge of dishwashing machine operation helpful.
- Has the ability to push/pull/lift/move up to 50 pounds and withstand heavy physical exertion (bending, stretching, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching and climbing) on a daily basis.
IT Support Specialist/Network Admin
Position(s) Available: Full-time
The Sisters of the Presentation in Dubuque, IA are looking for an IT Specialist/Network Admin to join our team! This fulltime position provides advanced support for all IT needs including all software and hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Candidates will need vast IT knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively with end users of varying IT abilities.
- Manages the network and client software; assists with deploying and maintaining server and PC imaging technologies and monitors various network switching and routing equipment.
- Manages, maintains and monitors firewall and proxy server appliances, as well as backup system technology.
- Provides support for installation, maintenance and development of all IT hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, phones, TVs, cameras and other audio/visual equipment.
- Provides support for installation, maintenance, development and troubleshooting of all IT software including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, databases, web browsers, video communications (Zoom, Google Meet) etc.
- Provides technical support and instruction to end users. Communicates effectively to understand the problem and explain solutions to end users with varying IT abilities.
- Stays up to date on current IT trends and makes decisions/recommendations about IT repairs, replacements and expansions, in collaboration with leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in an information systems field or two years of applicable experience in lieu of every year of formal education
- Five years of IT support preferred
- The ability to interact professionally, kindly and patiently with all end users is essential
- Willingness to learn and educate self on rapidly changing IT technologies
- Proficiency with Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office products and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with enterprise security systems and IP networking is preferred
Human Resources Office
Sisters of the Presentation
2360 Carter Road
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
The Sisters of the Presentation is an equal opportunity employer.