Looking to join a great team?
Our employees are considered to be among our most valuable resources. We regard our employees as some of our most treasured friends and partners in our mission to offer God’s hospitality to the world and serve the poor, always going, “one pace beyond.” We hope that you will consider joining the Sisters of the Presentation as you explore your next adventure.
We have more than 60 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, housekeeping, maintenance, food service, administration and much more.
We offer full-time and part-time positions throughout the year and are currently welcoming applicants for the following positions:
Position(s) Available: Part-time with flexible hours
The Sisters of the Presentation are looking for a co-director of associate partnership to join our team. This is an incredible opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of associates and sisters. You would work closely with the other co-directors to build relationships with associates and sisters and provide leadership in developing, promoting and coordinating associate activities, events, and service opportunities. Experience and knowledge of the Presentation Associate Partnership and willingness to participate in the associate orientation process is preferred. This is a part time position with a flexible work schedule.
Position(s) Available: Full-time (shifts include 5:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
Come join our dining services team where you will be responsible for planning, preparing and serving large quantities of high quality food to women religious in a non-regulated home environment. At the Sisters of the Presentation, our employees experience a nurturing work environment committed to the values of service and hospitality. This a fulltime position (75-80 hours bi-weekly) that does include rotating weekends and holidays. Enjoy one 30 minute paid lunch period, which is provided per 8 hour shift, in addition to 2-15 minute rest periods.
- Plans, organizes, prepares and serves high quality food products.
- Supervises food service staff in the absence of the food service director.
- Practices proper handling, labeling, dating and rotation of food to insure consistent quality and to avoid spoilage and contamination.
- Follows proper food handling procedures (hand washing, wearing gloves, etc.).
- Checks in supplies when delivered and puts away; rotates inventory as necessary.
- Follows food composting and recycling rules.
- Maintains sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work areas and equipment, according to daily cleaning schedules and procedures.
High school diploma or GED. 3-5 years of formal cooking experience preferred; supervisory experience is helpful.
Position Available: Full-time 1st Shift (Monday – Thursday 5:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Perform daily scheduled housekeeping tasks in a religious home environment such as mopping, scrubbing, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting; major housecleaning, reorganization of furniture
- Perform light maintenance and dispersing of supplies.
- Handle cleaning chemicals; comply with facility safety, chemical and hazardous waste policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds and withstand heavy physical exertion.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders on occasion.
High school diploma or GED. Prior housekeeping experience preferred. Enjoy a four-day work week as well as one 30-minute paid meal period which is provided per eight hour shift, in addition to two – 15-minute rest periods.
Position(s) Available: PRN All Shifts
- Promote well-being through meaningful relationship building while providing support, friendship and kindness to each of the community members.
- Provide maintenance and restorative care services in an appropriate, competent, compassionate manner to assist and empower sisters.
- In order to assist sisters with daily living, health and wellness, this position requires a positive, caring, relational disposition; an interest in the well-being of others; the ability to organize work, establish priorities and perform tasks accurately, neatly and thoroughly while managing time effectively.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of sisters in caregiving responsibilities.
Position(s) Available: PRN (all shifts)
As a nurse, you will play a pivotal role in providing clinical and/or leadership skills in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care delivered to each sister. Supervise 1-2 CNAs/Caregivers. Current State of Iowa nursing license or be willing to obtain licensure, and be in good standing.
Experience with geriatric population helpful.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Paid 30-minute meal period and 2 – 15 minute breaks.
- Competitive wages.
- FT/PT positions offer paid holidays and vacation time; health, dental, and vision insurances; Simple IRA with employer match; and voluntary benefits.
- Excellent staffing ratio in a non-regulated home environment providing care for women religious.