Looking to join a great team?
Our employees are considered to be among our most valuable resources. We regard our employees as some of our most treasured friends and partners in our mission to offer God’s hospitality to the world and serve the poor, always going, “one pace beyond.” We hope that you will consider joining the Sisters of the Presentation as you explore your next adventure.
We have more than 60 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, housekeeping, maintenance, food service, administration and much more.
We offer full-time and part-time positions throughout the year and are currently welcoming applicants for the following positions:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Caregiver/Nurse Aide (Non-certified)
Position(s) Available: Full-time or Part-Time 2nd Shift (2-10 p.m.)
- Promote well-being through meaningful relationship building while providing support, friendship and kindness to each of the community members.
- Provide maintenance and restorative care services in an appropriate, competent, compassionate manner to assist and empower sisters.
- In order to assist sisters with daily living, health and wellness, this position requires a positive, caring, relational disposition; an interest in the well-being of others; the ability to organize work, establish priorities and perform tasks accurately, neatly and thoroughly while managing time effectively.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of sisters in caregiving responsibilities.
The CNA must have a valid CNA certification and be active on the Iowa CNA registry (or willing to register).
The Caregiver/Nurse Aide is a non-certified position. Some experience working with the geriatric population strongly preferred.
High school diploma or GED required.
Position(s) Available: Full-time 1st Shift (Monday – Thursday: 5:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
- Perform daily scheduled housekeeping tasks in a religious home environment such as mopping, scrubbing, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting; major housecleaning, reorganization of furniture
- Perform light maintenance and dispersing of supplies.
- Handle cleaning chemicals; comply with facility safety, chemical and hazardous waste policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds and withstand heavy physical exertion.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders on occasion.
High school diploma or GED. Prior housekeeping experience preferred. Enjoy a 4 day work week as well as one 30-minute paid meal period which is provided per 8 hour shift, in addition to two – 15 minute rest periods.
Position(s) Available: Full-time
The Sisters of the Presentation in Dubuque, IA are looking for an Maintenance Assistant to join our team! This full-time position provides preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance to the buildings, equipment and grounds for the Sisters of the Presentation. Coordinate and respond to the daily operations of the department, in collaboration with the director of maintenance.
- Assists with the general maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- Assists in the operation of equipment and in the maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Assists in maintaining supplies, materials, tools, and equipment and reports needed supplies and/or equipment.
- Performs mowing, trimming, bush trimming, brush removal, leaf removal, weeding, tree trimming, spraying, planting, landscaping, and other tasks related to grounds keeping.
- Maintains yard, sidewalks and driveways.
- Follows safety precautions when operating lawn/yard equipment.
- Returns all equipment to proper location to avoid accidents.
- Reports needed repairs of hazardous conditions. Takes steps to correct any immediate hazardous conditions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current valid driver’s license with proven excellent driving record required.
- Three to five years’ related mechanical experience such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC and/or mechanical equipment preferred.
- Possess the technical skills necessary to repair and maintain various systems, components, or equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in and have skills needed for grounds and exterior building upkeep.
- Must have solid mechanical background and be able to use all related tools and equipment.
IT Support Specialist/Network Admin
Position(s) Available: Full-time
The Sisters of the Presentation in Dubuque, IA are looking for an IT Specialist/Network Admin to join our team! This fulltime position provides advanced support for all IT needs including all software and hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Candidates will need vast IT knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively with end users of varying IT abilities.
- Manages the network and client software; assists with deploying and maintaining server and PC imaging technologies and monitors various network switching and routing equipment.
- Manages, maintains and monitors firewall and proxy server appliances, as well as backup system technology.
- Provides support for installation, maintenance and development of all IT hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, phones, TVs, cameras and other audio/visual equipment.
- Provides support for installation, maintenance, development and troubleshooting of all IT software including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, databases, web browsers, video communications (Zoom, Google Meet) etc.
- Provides technical support and instruction to end users. Communicates effectively to understand the problem and explain solutions to end users with varying IT abilities.
- Stays up to date on current IT trends and makes decisions/recommendations about IT repairs, replacements and expansions, in collaboration with leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in an information systems field or two years of applicable experience in lieu of every year of formal education
- Five years of IT support preferred
- The ability to interact professionally, kindly and patiently with all end users is essential
- Willingness to learn and educate self on rapidly changing IT technologies
- Proficiency with Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office products and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with enterprise security systems and IP networking is preferred
Qualified applicants are encouraged to complete the on-line application or fill-in the PRINTABLE APPLICATION FORM and mail it to:
Human Resources Office
Sisters of the Presentation
2360 Carter Road
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
The Sisters of the Presentation is an equal opportunity employer